Serving the Following States:
- West Virginia
What Are Pre-Construction Video Services?
If you have a construction project coming up, you need to invest in pre-construction video services. This is important because it clearly documents the worksite and any surrounding areas. You need this documentation prior to breaking ground so that, if there are concerns down the road, you can show the condition of the site before construction. If litigation arises out of the contracting work, preconstruction video will be essential proof.
To support a court case a video survey must be able to stand up to forensic video analysis. By following appropriate chain of custody, preserving the original video and meta-data, ARS Video can be the expert witness to provide this proof.
More and more utility companies and municipalities are requiring pre-construction videos. Whether it is a water or sewer line, utility line replacement, or haul routes, it is important for contractors to enlist the help of someone with experience in this area. We meet the requirements that would stand up in a court of law. These include:
The time and date stamp on the original recording, clearly displayed.
The resident/proprietor is notified before documentation begins.
A trained videographer documents every aspect of a property with 2 to 3 different angles.
Proper safety gear and ID badges are worn.
Professional video camera and gear are used to get a stable and detailed image.
Each file is renamed to the address for easy searching.
Original unaltered footage is preserved for authenticity and to ensure chain of custody as evidence.
Municipalities and utility companies require pre-construction documentation before a project can begin. It is imperative that it be done correctly the first time. If this sounds like a service you need, please contact us!
Why Is Pre-Construction Documentation Important?
In some situations, this is referred to as a pre-construction video survey or pre-construction video photography. There are lots of cities, states, and counties that require this. While many contractors are surprised at this requirement, this is put in place to protect the client, the contractor, and the company itself. It could be important for exonerating certain parties from paying damages in the event of a lawsuit.
In addition, a pre-construction video or PRECON Video is important because the project might not be able to move forward until the video project has been approved by the local board.
There are several other reasons why pre-construction video is important, including:
The contractor or company should not be responsible for damages that have been charged by others
The video might be used to justify a delay that would otherwise result in a fine
A pre-construction video survey is important for safety purposes
This video might be needed to support a change order down the road
Strong pre-construction video can also be used to plan access routes for the project
A pre-construction video can prevent disputes from arising and resolve existing disputes safely
A pre-construction video could also be important for drawing revisions, accurate bidding, and future problem solving
The right pre-construction video might have an effect on overall insurance costs
For all of these reasons, rely on a professional for help with a pre-construction video survey.
What is PreCon Documentation?
PRE-CONSTRUCTION or PRECON Services refers to the mobilization phase of a construction project.
During this phase, PRECON activities take place such as moving equipment, procuring material, inspections, site layout, and documentation.
More and more, cities, municipalities, and even construction companies require documentation by a third party for the proposed job site.
This can include PRECON VIDEO, PRECON PHOTOGRAPHY, and/or PRECON AERIAL PHOTO/VIDEO.
PRECON VIDEO – The filming of a construction site prior to breaking ground.
PRECON PHOTO – Photographing a construction site prior to breaking ground from various key spots throughout the site to serve as a reference point.
PRECON AERIAL – The filming or photographing of a construction site with the use of a drone prior to breaking ground.
A team of experienced videographers or photographers and a safety technician conduct high-definition video/photo surveying. Each project is unique, depending on location and project requirements, our team will work with your project coordinator to deliver a seamless service.
What you can expect from ARS Video:
- Notification to the resident/proprietor prior to documentation
- Trained videographer/photographer to document every aspect of a property from 2-3 different angles
- Proper safety gear + ID Badges worn and displayed
- Professional video + photo equipment
- Original unaltered footage is preserved for authenticity
- Proper chain of custody
- Resized and renamed field files for ease of use in the field
- Two thumb drives with content renamed (by address/property) and organized specifically to the project site
- Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- Fair competitive quote for project completion
Litigation Support Services
While there are many ways to utilize PRECON documentation, one of the most important reasons is that the photo or video is available as evidence.
PRECON Video and Photo provides a touchpoint for the property owner, contractor, and municipality should any concerns occur during a project, ultimately resolving many issues on the spot and saving unnecessary costs and expenses.
Should an issue rise to the courts, ARS Video Inc., takes the necessary steps to ensure the documentation will stand up to forensic video analysis.
What we do:
- Maintain appropriate chain of custody
- Maintain the original recorded file along with associated metadata
- Provide original file with embedded time and date stamp
- Provide notarized affidavit certifying original documentation
Why Choose Preconstruction Photo & Video?
- The contractor or company should not be responsible for damages created by other parties
- Documentation can justify delays in project timelines, avoiding possible fines
- Pre-construction documentation or surveys can identify potential safety hazards
- Pre-construction documentation or surveys can support change orders required to complete a project
- Detailed pre-construction video + photo assists in planning traffic and access routes
- Pre-construction documentation and surveys aid in drawing revisions, accurate bidding, and future problem solving
NEED A QUOTE?
With over a decade of pre-construction video documentation service and 35 year of business experience, ARS Video Inc., is confident in providing accurate, timely and customer-driven service.
Send ARS Video Inc. plans to a project site and a quote will be provided within 24 hours.
AREAS OF OPERATION:
ARS Video Inc. is currently providing service within OHIO and the surrounding states – Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, and Michigan.
ARS Video Inc. is available to travel to other areas across the nation to meet your pre-construction video and photo needs.
- Precise timely documentation
- Capture complete project features, pre-existing damage, etc..
- Eliminate site disruption and revisits
- Improve project coordination and collaboration
- Produce accurate project site documentation from the start and
- Reduce project change orders, delays and costs
We PLAN – DOCUMENT – PROCESS – DELIVER
Pre-Construction Video Services
If you are looking for professionals who can help you with pre-construction video services, there are a lot of factors you need to consider, including:
- Will the recording stand up in court.
- How long the company has been in business
- Whether the video company has produced pre-construction videos in the past
- How quick the turnaround time is going to be
- Whether the videos are accepted by the transportation board in the first attempt
If you are looking for a company to handle your pre-construction video services in Ohio, we are here to help you. We are ARS Video, and we have worked hard to refine our methods over 16 years to make sure you have access to the best video production services for your construction videos.
Operation and Maintenance Training Video Services
If you have a contract that requires facilities operation and maintenance training videos, we can help. We use the best equipment including a wireless mic and lights to make sure we provide you with the best result possible. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you produce a strong training video for your upcoming project, please contact us today!
Learn More: A.R.S. Video Inc. FAQs