What Are Pre-Construction Video Services?
If you have a construction project coming up, you need to invest in pre-construction video services. This is important because it clearly documents the worksite and any surrounding areas. You need this documentation prior to breaking ground so that, if there are concerns down the road, you can show the condition of the site before construction. If litigation arises out of the contracting work, pre-construction video will be important for setting the scene.
More and more utility companies and municipalities are requiring pre-construction videos. As a result, it is important for contractors to enlist the help of someone with experience in this area. There are a lot of requirements that have to be met. These include:
- The time and date stamp of the video must be clearly printed on the screen.
- Each address should be clearly shown on the video and the file renamed by address.
- The resident/proprietor is notified before documentation begins.
This might have to be submitted to the local utility company, municipality or transportation department before the project can move forward, which is why it has to be done correctly the first time around. If this sounds like a service you need, please contact us!
Why Is Pre-Construction Documentation Important?
In some situations, this is referred to as a pre-construction video survey or pre-construction video photography. There are lots of cities, states, and counties that require this. While many contractors are surprised at this requirement, this is put in place to protect the client, the contractor, and the company itself. It could be important for exonerating certain parties from paying damages in the event of a lawsuit.
In addition, a pre-construction video is important because the project might not be able to move forward until the video project has been approved by the local board.
There are several other reasons why pre-construction video is important, including:
- The contractor or company should not be responsible for damages that have been charged by others
- The video might be used to justify a delay that would otherwise result in a fine
- A pre-construction video survey is important for safety purposes
- This video might be needed to support a change order down the road
- Strong pre-construction video can also be used to plan access routes for the project
- A pre-construction video can prevent disputes from arising and resolve existing disputes safely
- A pre-construction video could also be important for drawing revisions, accurate bidding, and future problem solving
- The right pre-construction video might have an effect on overall insurance costs
For all of these reasons, rely on a professional for help with a pre-construction video survey. Also, please feel free to read our reviews before choosing us for you pre-construction video services.
Pre-Construction Video Services in Ohio
If you are looking for professionals who can help you with pre-construction video services in Ohio, there are a lot of factors you need to consider, including:
- How long the company has been in business
- Whether the video company has produced pre-construction videos in the past
- How quick the turnaround time is going to be
- Whether the videos are accepted by the transportation board in the first attempt
If you are looking for a company to handle your pre-construction video services in Ohio, we are here to help you. We are ARS Video, and we have worked hard to refine our methods over 16 years to make sure you have access to the best video production services for your construction videos. We can handle building maintenance training, pre-construction site surveys, and more. We use the best equipment to make sure we provide you with the best result possible. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you produce a strong pre-construction video for your upcoming project, please contact us today!
Learn More: A.R.S. Video Inc. FAQs