We will be happy to take your older film media and convert the footage into a digital format, protecting it for you. We have multiple ways we can handle this, and there are situations where you may want to refer to ship your footage to us instead. Then, we can ship the finished product. We understand that you may also have questions about the pricing of our services. Our goal is to be open, honest, and transparent with you every step of the way. Take a look at what you should expect below.
What To Expect
When you decide to go with our services, there are several expectations you should have. These include:
- You can expect to talk to a person when you call us.
- You can expect us to convert your older film, whether on Regular 8 or Super 8, VHS or Hi-8 video tapes, or other media, using our high-quality transfer process. That way, you know that your valuable footage and memories are going to be protected.
- In addition, you should also expect us to take excellent care of the physical media that you send to us. And yes, it will be returned to you.
- Next, one of the most important expectations that you should have is that we are going to keep you updated every step of the way. We will do everything we can to meet our deadlines, and we will let you know if there are any delays during the process.
- Finally, you should also expect us to be transparent regarding the pricing of our services. We will let you know exactly how much the service is going to cost before we get started. If you have video tapes that you cannot play we will time them out and call you with an estimate.
Ultimately, we are professionals when it comes to film and video conversion. We are here to take good care of your priceless family memories, and we will provide you with a high-quality product when we are done.
During the Process
Once the process gets underway, you will probably be very curious about the quality of the final product. We are going to keep you updated as the process unfolds. A few important points to keep in mind include:
- Here is our Packing Slip that asks for your name, address, phone, email and box content and special instructions. Be sure there is tracking on the box that is shipped
- We will call you as soon as it is received and place stickers on the items to identify them as yours.
- Next, we will review everything and provide an accurate estimate for your approval.
- Once the work is complete, we will call you for payment. Most customer choose to pay by credit card over the phone.
- What you will receive is your original material and a flash drive with true high-definition 1920×1080 digital files that can be played on your TV and computer. The files can also be copied, edited, and uploaded to your cloud service or YouTube.
We consider your materials to be extremely important and since 2009 have been archiving all the 8mm, Super 8 and 16mm film. Beginning last year, we are archiving all the video tapes. If you need additional copies or cannot find your files call us. Most likely we will have them stored for you. Click here for pricing information from A.R.S Video.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
A few of the most common questions that people have include:
How long is it going to take you to complete my transfer?
It depends on how many orders we have and how large your order is. We will give you a timeframe before we get started. Our busiest time of the year is December as these transfers make an excellent gift for the family.
Can I get a quote before we get started?
Yes, we will let you know exactly how much this is going to cost before we get started.
Do you offer color correction services?
We do color correct film, slides and photos as needed. VHS and other video tape formats do not typically need to be color corrected. The file format you receive is MP4 which works with all editing software. We can provide editing service as needed or you can ask your grandchildren to edit the files for you (yes, I have grandchildren).